Following the financial crisis the role of capitalism has come under greater scrutiny than ever before. Today it is not enough to purely demonstrate a financial impact but a social one as well. This second edition of the BVCA Journal
tackles this issue head on, looking at the importance of responsible investment and the role private equity can play in society.Highlights include
• An interview with Al Gore, former US Vice President and Chairman of Generation Investment Management
• The future of social investment and philanthropy in the UK
• John Treharne, CEO of The Gym, reveals what is behind his company’s success
• How private equity is addressing the shortage of skilled young people
• A profile of Chris Wade, the head of UKTI’s new venture capital unit.
BVCA Journal - autumn 2012