The judges will be asked to assess the awards against the following criteria.
For the Large, Mid-market and Growth company categories:
- Building an attractive, distinctive business which stands out from others in its sector;
- Skilled execution of particular projects, including product innovation, acquisition, capital investment, international expansion, marketing innovation;
- Evidence of bold and authentic leadership, including development of a strong, progressive culture and wider contribution to society;
- Overall evidence of growth, including profit growth and returns on exit.
Venture-backed Management Team of the Year:
- Particular focus on bringing to market new and high impact innovations;
- Evidence of skill in the way innovations have been translated into products, for example partnerships, regulatory hurdles overcome, technical challenges navigated;
- Financial success to be judged not by reference to profitability: external validation still essential but more likely to be by revenue growth, significant contracts and external investment from respected investors at increasing valuations.
Business Transformation Management Team of the Year as above and also:
- Evidence of a bold, decisive plan, well executed;
- Positive impact on employment and the local economy.