Means the same as private equity.
Private Equity Transaction
Means a transaction in connection with which an accounting firm is engaged:
Which is to be financed wholly or partly by private equity provided by:
- unlisted and/or private companies or entities and/or
- listed companies or investment trusts specialising in private equity financing, and/or
- banks or other debt providers, whether listed or not
- whether or not also financed by debt provided by such parties.
- Where such finance is provided in the form of instruments, agreements or investments which are neither listed nor immediately capable of being publicly traded (as opposed to syndicated or sub-participated to other similar finance providers).
For the avoidance of doubt, the above definition shall only include transactions involving subscriptions, acquisitions or disposals, including related restructurings or refinancings (other than troubled or rescue reconstructions) which involve financing by parties outside the group of companies of which the company to which the transaction relates is a member.
Shall also include preference shares and other fixed income shares, warrants, options and other rights to subscribe for shares and debt which by its terms is convertible into shares.
Means one of the Big Six accounting firms.
The aggregate (or a best estimate of the aggregate) of the new equity/debt subscribed or advanced or committed and subsequently subscribed or advanced pursuant to the transaction to which the engagement relates.
Transactions in which the Transaction Value is £10,000,000 or less.
Transactions in which the Transaction Value is between £10,000,000 and £55,000,000.
Transactions in which the Transaction Value exceeds £55,000,000.