In episode 2, BVCA Chief Executive, Michael Moore talks to Garry Wilson, new BVCA Chair for 2023-24 and Managing Partner of Endless, to discuss his priorities for the year, reflections on how the industry has been developing and what we want to do next.
The BVCA Reflections Series marks the 40th anniversary since the BVCA was established as the trade association for the UK private equity and venture capital industry. During this series, we will be talking to industry leaders from today and previous decades as we reflect on how the industry and the BVCA have evolved.
- 00:00 – Intro
- 00:50 – Background on Endless and how Garry got started
- 02:23 – Reasons for becoming BVCA Chair and priorities for the year
- 04:01 – Reflections on how the industry has changed over the past 40 years
- 05:31 – Championing the industry story and the importance of proactive engagement with media and politicians
- 09:44 – How the industry is rapidly changing
- 11:39 – Private capital outside London
- 13:07 – Looking ahead to the next 10 years
You can listen to the podcast via the media player above, as well as your favourite podcasting platforms, including Spotify and Apple Podcasts. If you have any questions about the content in this episode, or feedback then please contact email@example.com.
You can listen to episode 1 from the Reflections Series, ‘Reflections from Charlie Troup, BVCA Chair 2022-23’ here.