Using data from the Investment Activity Survey and case studies from across our membership, we tell the story of private capital in 2022; illustrating how British businesses are increasingly turning to private capital to grow and navigate global macroeconomic challenges. You can read the report here
Some key findings from the 2022 survey include:
Read the report
- £70.2bn raised in 2022 by UK-managed funds to be invested globally.
- Total private capital investment in UK businesses reached £27.5bn.
- Private capital investors supported almost 1,600 UK businesses right across the United Kingdom in 2022.
- 9 in 10 UK companies receiving private investment in 2022 were small or medium sized – employing 250 or fewer people.
- Private capital invests across the whole of the UK as 55% of businesses receiving investment in 2022 were outside of London.
- Investment led out of the UK reached an impressive £46.9bn, as the UK remains a global hub for driving investment across Europe and beyond.
The full, aggregated set of statistics gathered from our members can be found in our Report on Investment Activity 2022 chart book
. For those interested in analysing the data, an excel spreadsheet with all the numbers from the chartbook can also be found here
A podcast examining the investment activity of the industry in 2022 in detail, recorded with BVCA Chief Executive Michael Moore, Director of External Affairs, Karim Palant and Head of Research, Suzi Gillespie, can be listened to here