The judges will be looking for evidence of best practice in impact integration and engagement by LPs over the last 12 months.
This could include one (or more) of the following:
- Clear articulation of your impact goals and objectives, and how this is incorporated into your fund selection and due diligence.
- How the firm has enhanced and developed its overall impact framework to reflect social and/or environmental impact during the year, either the first-time adoption of a framework, or the refreshing of an existing framework.
- How the firm has engaged with GPs to manage and measure impact.
- Specific engagement by the LP with one or more managers to address any impact-related risks or opportunities.
- If relevant, give evidence of how you are engaging in systemic change in relation to impact within the private capital industry.
The submission should give details of the development or engagement which has taken place, covering how and why the LP has acted, and what the outcome has been. The judges will be looking for a clear explanation of the LP’s rationale, commitment to impact, linkage to investment strategy, and why the outcome has been positive.
The submission should 500-1000 words and can be made via our online entry form. Your submission may be accompanied by one or two relevant supporting documents, of maximum 3 pages each, if referred to in the submission, but please keep these concise. These can be uploaded to your entry via the online form.
The firms recognised were selected in September by an independent judging panel and presented at the BVCA Summit on 5 October 2023.