Managing an investment to exit is the final piece of the jigsaw in any investment lifecycle. This is where all the hard work can crystallise into a great return or where it can all go wrong. This one day course is aimed at investment directors considering an exit for the first time. It covers everything from what to consider to get the timing right to how to manage the exit process to maximise value. The course also utilises case studies to provide a road map of how to navigate the pitfalls that will come your way during an exit process.
View the course agenda
Key topics include
- Introduction to the importance of exit planning
- The concept of reverse 100 day planning (but longer)
- Quality of earnings and how you maximise it
- Understanding your value drivers (and your value drags)
- The key stages of an exit process
- When will you know the timing is right?
- Getting data room ready
- Vendor assistance and vendor due diligence
- Appointing advisors and the role they play
- When goal congruency can come apart (acting as a buyer or a seller)
- Putting it all together
What will delegates take away?
- Approaches to strategy and value creation
- Approaches to working with the management team
- The opportunity to build a strong network
Jon Andrew works alongside investment teams to support operational value creation within investee companies. He shares best practice across the portfolio supporting management teams as they develop growth strategies and helps them monitor performance.
Over his 15-year private equity career Jon has gained significant experience in a wide range of value creating activities and has particular expertise in driving change through complex integrations, IT implementation programmes, as well as 100-day planning initiatives.
This course is CPD accredited by the CPD Certification Service for 6 hours. By attending this course, you will receive a digital certificate from Diplomasafe. This certificate allows you to share and save your new CPD accredited qualification on LinkedIn, adding instantly verifiable credentials and strengthening your professional profile.
This course is for investor directors who are taking the lead investor role and have an investment which is starting to consider exit timing. It is also for value creation specialists who are providing assistance with exit planning and preparation.
18 - 20 people