Many founders, entrepreneurs or C-suite directors build a strategy by intuition and instinct. This approach isn’t always bullet proof; viable, focused on risk, cohesive or well structure. In many situations it is not set out in a clear and cohesive way. Further, many dismiss embracing strategic concepts as being too theoretical or unnecessary or believe it’s all hyperbole. This programme de-mystifies strategy and equips leaders with a playbook to improve the shape of their business strategy.
The course takes participants on a journey through key strategic concepts that are drawn from well-known authors and knits together a coherent narrative around creating and shaping a good strategy. Participants will receive a playbook and a set of tools that help them define, develop, refine, or re-shape the strategy for their business.
View the course agenda
Key topics include
- Key constituents of a business strategy
- Good strategy/bad strategy
- Demystifying the main concepts portrayed in signature strategic texts
- Start with who - the Importance of getting management right (Seats on the bus)
- Start again with why (why the why matters)
- Shaping the vision - where are you trying to get to
- Competitive and customer positioning - Building your value landscape
- Translating this in to risks and objectives
- Linking strategy to the value creation plan
- Turning strategy into action
What will delegates take away?
- Approaches to strategy and value creation
- Approaches to working with the management team
- The opportunity to build a strong network
Jon Andrew works alongside investment teams to support operational value creation within investee companies. He shares best practice across the portfolio supporting management teams as they develop growth strategies and helps them monitor performance.
Over his 15-year private equity career Jon has gained significant experience in a wide range of value creating activities and has particular expertise in driving change through complex integrations, IT implementation programmes, as well as 100-day planning initiatives.
This course is CPD accredited by the CPD Certification Service for 13 hours. By attending this course, you will receive a digital certificate from Diplomasafe. This certificate allows you to share and save your new CPD accredited qualification on LinkedIn, adding instantly verifiable credentials and strengthening your professional profile.